- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organisation
- At least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- 4 Days
Cost – £375 + Materials
These are the materials you will need for the course; they all come in the IDC crew pack, which you can purchase from us at a discounted price.
- Instructor cue cards for all PADI’s core courses
- Related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for OW, AOW and Rescue courses
Course Dates – Course run on request
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
During the course, you’ll attend six curriculum presentations. You’ll also give at least two confined water teaching presentations, two knowledge development presentations, and one open water teaching presentation integrating two skills. Our staff will evaluate your teaching presentations and provide suggestions for improvement.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course will be taught by our PADI IDC Staff Instructor in conjunction with Kent Diving PADI 5 Star IDC Centre S-7829
PADI Assistant Instructors can :
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
How can I continue my adventure?
Once you get your AI certification you can begin your OWSI (part 2 of the IDC).